Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 January 2010

Red Malachite semi-precious stones

I have just started using semi-precious stones and I received a large amount of them through the post this week. I purchased a couple of packs of Red Malachite freeform slabs and you can see by the differences in colour how they can vary from one to the other. However there were 2 distinct themes going on in the colouring and I decided to make a couple of sets with the 2 themes. The first 3 items are made with a lighter version of the red malachite with a cream stripe running through them. The first item I made was a necklace which I have called Daisy Chain necklace. The chain and toggle clasp are silver plated and the daisy beads although look metal are actually plastic, so the necklace is not too heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments