Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Sparkle

The make for Tuesday 6th April is almost a carry on from the day before's make. Once again I started out with a silver plated chain. In my stash I have had for absolutely ages 2 round beads with these amazing crystals all over them - serious bling. The problem was only having two beads, they cost too much to justify turning into a pair of earrings and whenever I tried to incorporate them into a design they just never seemed to look right. After making yesterdays make and realising that sometimes less is more I decided to bite the bullet and make a necklace with just these two beads. I threaded them onto an eye pin, attached these to the chain and then for a final flourish added two chunky chain dangles from the bottom of the beads, hiding the join by using bead caps. I am really happy with the final result and I personally think this would look good on a little black dress or even jazzing up a plain jumper. I hope you like it as much as I do. I have called it Sparkle.

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave comments