Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 February 2010

It's been a long day

Well up early this morning to pack the car for my sale. My daughter comes with me so that I have some help when setting up, as well as having my handmade items with me I also had my bought in items with me as this fair was classed as a Mini Market and not a hand crafted fair. That means so much more work to get everything out on display, managed it in the hour and a half that we were allowed before the doors opened. It's amazing how quickly the time flies. Anyway this was the first time that this particular market had ran and although we were not exactly overrun we did have a few people come in. Jem the organizer is hoping to run this market on a monthly basis so I shall stick with it for a few months and see if the customers start to come once the word gets round. I did make a couple of sales so it wasn't all bad. The worst part was the young girl of around 4 who wanted to touch everything on the stall, pick it up, put it down in the wrong place, this went on for about 5 minutes with Grandma being very nice and telling her not to touch but not actually stopping her. You just have to smile through gritted teeth and hope that eventually she will go away. If you have done a sale yourself then you will know exactly what I am talking about here. Anyway after she left I sorted out the table and breathed a sigh of relief. Only problem was about 1 hour later she was back again and we went through exactly the same routine except this time she had chocolate covered fingers. After what seemed like an eternity but was probably only a couple of minutes they finally left, I almost put the flags out. Here's hoping she is not a regular "customer". Anyway after we got home, it was time for the shopping, cleaning etc all those lovely jobs that I know every housewife loves doing. By the time I sat down to do my make for the day after putting some posts on the blog, it was definately a case of simple stringing. Too tired for anything else. I started with the resin pendant and the rest just followed, pink resin beads and black wood effect beads all on black leather effect thong. The finished result reminded me of something that would have been worn in the Sixties, so I have called it 60's Vibe.

1 comment:

  1. following you, and posting a comment as just joined you from the Craft Forum:)

    I like your 60's vibe, well done after such a busy day too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments