Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 February 2010

Playing with Fimo

I decided to bite the bullet and played with the fimo on Wednesday. Now on the craftsforum there are people that make some amazing creations with fimo, beads, cake toppers and skeletal forms that are turned into fairies and the like. I know that I couldn't hope to compete with these people but I had to give it a try. Think of being a 4 year old child again and playing with plastecine and you will know how much fun I had making these. One thing that I will say is that the one point that I have learned is not to try and work the clay while it is cold in the house, wait until the heating comes on and it becomes ten times more easier. Once shaped I baked them in the oven and then with much trepidation I drew on the face and other shapes with pen. Were they going to run, would they smudge. No I was ok, thank God. Finally I glued the brooch back onto them. Anyway here are the final creations, let me know what you think. First is the Moon, then the Stars and finally with all this moonlight your heart may just go ping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments