Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 May 2010

Bronze Age

This necklace started with the hexangonal copper focal point. When I first bought it I thought that you could have something hanging in the middle. Just proves that you should investigate what you but thoroughly before you purchase. On closer examination I realised that you would need to drill through to enable something to hang from the middle, because of this it has been in my stash for quite some time. Sometimes though all you need is a fresh pair of eyes and on this day when I looked at the pendant I realised I had been looking at this the wrong way. I found some triangular copper coloured beads and threaded these onto some eye pins with gold seed beads. I joined these together with some gold plated jump rings that I turned into chain. This is probably a first for me, using this particular colour but I am really happy with the finished result. Also because the pendant is hollow it is nice and light. The finished result is my make for Thursday 15th April is called Bronze Delight.
I even managed to make some earrings to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments